Benefits of Silver
The benefits of silver are widely discussed in the scientific literature. Its historical uses are also well documented and date back thousands of years. There is renewed interest in silver, not only in its medicinal use but also in countless other applications.
Silver has a direct effect on cellular respiration and benefits the body in many ways. Medical literature supports eight particularly useful benefits:
- Silver naturally holds onto oxygen molecules, which readily react with bacteria and viruses. This helps shield the body’s life-preserving cellular process known as cellular respiration, bolstering the body’s immune response.
- Silver ions can attach to bacteria cell membranes directly helping to support the immune system.
- Silver helps support the body’s immune system and is a powerful, natural shield that benefits the body in many ways.
Mineralife Silver Features
Mineralife’s Silver is prepared from a 99.999% pure elemental silver source.
- QUICK ABSORPTION: Angstrom-sized silver particles provide the greatest absorption, effect and utilization in the body–a consistent small particle size in every dose.
- CONCENTRATED: At 20 PPM or mg/L concentration, 1 teaspoon provides 100mcg of silver.
- EXCELLENT VALUE: 8 oz bottle provides 96 servings.
Silver as an Immune Boost
Silver has a long history of incredible benefits, if most significant is its ability to support the body’s immune system. Not only does silver support the immune system, it supports healthy skin also. In the Middle Ages, silver spoons were given by wealthy godparents to babies as christening presents. Those “born with a silver spoon in their mouths” benefited from silver’s purifying properties. Phoenicians stored water, wine and vinegar in silver bottles to prevent spoiling.
Silver for Inflammatory Support
Colloidal silver is also a fantastic inflammatory support remedy. Case in point: Researchers at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) studied the effects of inflammation after being treated by colloidal silver; they found that the inflamed skin of pigs treated with silver experienced near-normal skin after 72 hours, while other treatment groups not treated with silver remained inflamed. Research is beginning to reflect what many people have already known anecdotally for years — that colloidal silver can support the body’s natural ability to reduce swelling, speed healing, and boost cell recovery!
Silver is a natural element that can be found in whole grains, edible and medicinal mushrooms, mammalian milk, spring water, sea water and tap water. Used medicinally for more than 2,000 years, silver has played an integral role in safeguarding human health.
Silver was one of the few antimicrobial treatments available before the discovery of antibiotic drugs. By the 1800s, silver nitrate was used to treat wounds and skin ulcers. In 1852, it was discovered that using fine silver wires for sutures helped heal repaired flesh.
In America’s Old West, silver coins were dropped into drinking water barrels for protection against water-borne illness, and during the Civil War, silver was used to treat syphilis. In the 1880s, the use of silver nitrate in the eyes of newborn infants to prevent post-delivery infections was introduced. Colloidal Silver was first discovered in the 1890’s.
By the 1930s, Colloidal silver was the preferred choice of physicians for empowering the immune system and supporting the body’s innate healing process. Silver was used to treat infections on the World War I battlefields, but medicinal usage of silver declined with the advent of antibiotics shortly thereafter.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.